it appears filament-like to not go past the Bowden splitter at times. sometimes it works other times it doesn't. what has consistently not worked is swapping filaments. it gets stuck in the extruder, which I have as a direct drive. Mind you the direct path is not entirely straight but it does load fine. Silks seem to be worse with this and the stock unload g code with silks causes a longer strand than with pla+. I usually print at 210 per the ender 3 pro profile in prusa slicer 2.6 alpha.
I have tried direct mode and it was another headache in itself. This might be a bug in the MK3 firmware. After loading one tool by pressing the button myself I noticed it won't respond right away after swapping and it actually swaps to another tool I didn't intend. Making direct mode basically unusable.
I might try a different bowden splitter but there's likely a bug that needs to be worked out for direct mode.