I am still doing my initial setup, even though I bought this a while ago. For context, when I bought it, the motor assembly came preassembled (i think prior to that it was assembled by the customer).
In this video I did a reset to position 1 and you can see it clicks like something is stuck. I can cycle through filaments, but when it tries to get to the 4th it clicks like it's hitting something it shoudln't.
When it is reset in position 1 i ran for the 5.5 second and then started the motor to pull the filament. with the motor still running, i put the filament in all 4 inlets but none of them would catch and none were pushing back.
I kept playing around with it and finally I got all 4 in, but when i print the sample project, it still makes those noises, then has problems loading the initial filament. Specifically, I entered the number 66 into the code generator and I see the code which looks correct:
G0 E66 F2000 ; <<<<<----------- EDIT THIS DISTANCE TO FINE TUNE THE FILAMENT LOADING TO STOP BLOBBING OR UNDEREXTRUSION
But it doesn't seem to take more than a couple mm in the main extruder. It only runs for less than 1 second then tries to start printing, but there's no filament coming out. On one print run, the main extruder was also grinding like maybe it couldn't pull the filament.
When I imported the sample project I had it create a new printer which was an ender 3. I have an ender 5 so i copied the main settings (height, width, offsets, etc) from my ender 5 profile. i noticed that this one is set up for RepRap, and I tried switching back to marlin to see if there was any difference. not really.
I know these are a lot of problems and I probably need to change a few things, but I'm not even sure where to begin from here.